Friday, February 12, 2010

Blissed out at Exhale


'Razor sharp stillness' he said in his ever so calming voice, the sweat poured off my face as I felt this incredible Ecstasy.
My heart was at peace. I felt like I was home in this moment.I was present.Deep in every moment with every breath.His oxymoronic saying struck a few cords with me.Sometimes the most radical thoughts come to me when I am deep in my yoga practice.Sometimes it's what I'm having for dinner that evening,or the washing powder that I need to purchase on route home.I usually dedicate my practice to one or more people at one time.Yoga is my meditation when I cannot sit still.It is liberation when I feel caged.Sometimes we are complete contradictions as human creatures.I know I have been myself. There have been times where eating only organic food vegan food accompanied with bottles of wine and countless cigarettes was my oxymoron. Where lies the logic in that. Its the contradictions that make us human, slaves to what we feel might make us discern some sort of fluffy feeling. I guess it is all an illusionary window pane, staring back at us and only showing us that inner peace might not come from external fabricated rubbish that we put into our bodies,but the very stillness that we feel in those moments of pleasure when we are at union with our breath.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa. I'm follower number 13. Lucky for some indeed. I'm not entirely sure what lead me to your blog on this cold, rainy day in Toronto. But I am ever so grateful I was. I'm sitting alone in my boyfriend's parents apartment while he is at work and finding myself immensely present. I've been away from Cape Town for just over 2weeks and this is in fact my first trip out of SA. While travelling has been a vision I;ve craved for as long as I can remember the bounds of homesickness has hit, and hard. I've read all your entires and I admit I too believe that we are where we are for a reason, where we are meant to be. And right now I am meant to be commenting on this. Thank you for your words, enlightenment and inspiration. Even if you never see my comment I wish you nothing but elation on your journey.

    ReplyDelete